For the record, I am not a plagiarist. Though "The Famous 15" is a staple of the We Heart TV, I asked one of the creators for permission in borrowing the questions and answering them for myself. Personally I think it's a good way for any new readers to get a feel for what My Life, Made Possible by Pop Culture is all about-- what I'll write about here, who I like, and where my inspirations started. All the good without the negative! But moreover, it reminds me of the kinds of questionnaires my friends and I would fill out to track our interests and maturity from year to year. I even included one in the autobiography that I had to write for my sixth grade (I know, crazy, right??) creative writing class. My interests at age eleven are forever immortalized, bound between computer paper, photocopied baby photos, and microfiche clippings. Maybe they're worth comparing and contrasting now...
1) Current can't miss (keep in mind all of these questions are, of course, about TV): Ignore the fact that it is summer and everything has had their season finales for the moment. Life Unexpected is a show I will watch and then watch again when it re-runs because I've undoubtedly missed something the first time around because I was crying through some of the scenes. Also Supernatural is old-school appointment television in my household because I'll always hold a very special place in my heart for Jensen Ackles.
2) Fave shows: (For the record, this is across decades, the ones that jump out at me from my childhood until now in no particular order) Friends, Gilmore Girls, South Park, Dexter, 30 Rock, I Love Lucy, Mama's Family, Arrested Development, Saved by the Bell, Tiny Toons, Ghostwriter, The Biggest Loser, Melrose Place, Unscripted, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Head Case, The Sopranos, Sex & The City, and Days of our Lives (once upon a time).
3) Fave guy characters: Dean Winchester-- naturally-- Zack Morris, Michael Mancini, Chandler Bing, Kurt Hummel, Nate 'Baze' Bazile, Dexter Morgan, Stefano DiMera, Abed Nadir, and Jim Halpert.
4) Fave girl characters: Liz Lemon, duh!! Also, Lorelai Gilmore, Lucille Bluth, and Judge Judy Sheindlin.
5) Fave couples: Zack and Kelly (SBTB), Becky and Jesse (Full House), Monica and Chandler (Friends), Jim and Pam (The Office), Cameron and Mitchell (Modern Family), Austin and Carrie (DOOL).
6) Fave guy actors: Okay this one I'm opening up to films and past talents as well because so may of them have crossed over into TV land anyway! Morgan Freeman, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Frank Langella, Jensen Ackles.
7) Fave girl actors: Meryl Streep, Lucille Ball, Cate Blanchett, Toni Collette, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jane Lynch, Betty White.
8) Fave award shows: The Emmys, The Golden Globes, The SAG Awards.
9) Fave red carpet hosts: I miss Joan Rivers. And Kathy Griffin. All the clever, witty ones get fired!
10) First TV crush: Zack Morris aka Mark-Paul Gosselaar. I wasn't picky about actual guy versus character.
11) Current TV crush: Dean Winchester.
12) Character you are meant to play: Liz Lemon, of course. Also the character of Natalie from my own pilot Shades of Gray-- but I will never pitch it that way!
13) Who would play you on TV: Hmm at this point in my life I would say Peyton List.
14) Shows you loved and lost: Miss/Guided, Studio 60, The Unusuals, Head Case, Cold Case, The New Adventures of Old Christine... no, I'm not still bitter!
15) Shows you are watching: Aside from the aforementioned, let's go in weekly order of airing, shall we? Dexter, Nurse Jackie, United States of Tara, glee, The Good Wife, Modern Family, Community, The Office, The Real Housewives of NYC, The Soup. Granted, I watch a lot more, but those are the ones I enjoy the most :D