Can you believe how fast the fall TV season is flying by??
Life Unexpected, which The CW gave thirteen episodes for its second season, is hitting the mid-way mark tonight with episode 206. Though late last week the network ordered two more scripts, bringing the total to fifteen (for now), there is no guarantee those will get put into production. But My Life, Made Possible by Pop Culture certainly hopes they-- and then some-- make it to my television screen.
I've been working hard to bring you guys at least one (but usually two or three) unique features on our little show that could every week since season two premiered. It's a way to spread the word, albeit slowly, in that "tell a friend to tell a friend way" with which past CW programs have had such success (*cough, looking at you, Supernatural). I don't want to take credit, but something seems to be working. The ratings are increasing, even if really, really slowly. The hammer hasn't come down yet, even when other networks have been axing similarly performing shows without even a seeming second thought. Everyone involved in this show are genuine about wanting it to succeed and adamant that the story they are telling is more than worthy of being seen. They go above and beyond by Tweeting along with episodes, interacting with fans via Facebook during down time on set, and they still keep a sense of humor during what could otherwise be a tense time. The show publicists, and the actors I've requested, have all been phenomenal about not only giving me their time but chatting openly about the show and the direction their characters and story lines are taking. Did you miss an article*? Catch up now!
*All articles are in descending chronological order.
- "Life Unexpected says good-bye to Bug (but for how long?) and hello to...Julia?" (A post-season premiere chat with showrunner Liz Tigelaar about all of the changes and new additions)
- "The antics of the unemployed...on a very special Life Unexpected" (Liz Tigelaar and Shiri Appleby preview episode 202 by discussing how Cate and Baze's lives get turned upside down by their new situation, and in his case, a new woman)
- "Shiri Appleby on learning to be vulnerable and the possibility of a Roswell reunion on Life Unexpected" (My first one-on-one interview with Shiri Appleby about the growth and development of Cate Cassidy, what she's learned from the series directors, why she started the "Cast of Life Unexpected" Facebook page, and who she'd love to see guest star on the show soon)
- "Kristoffer Polaha answers 'Why all the basketball?' on Life Unexpected" (Kristoffer Polaha shares behind-the-scenes secrets about the physical challenges of acting and playing a sport at the same time)
- "Life Unexpected introduces a new love triangle within their epic One Tree Hill cross-over" (Austin Butler claims Jones isn't as perfect as he seems and hints at a new girl in his sights)
- "The two Austins (Basis & Butler) of Life Unexpected share some remarkably similar show views" (Austin Basis and Austin Butler talk about their disinterest in Tweeting, learning from director Jerry Levine, and their love of their fans)
- "Austin Basis waxes poetic about basketball, his co-stars, and Math's big episode of Life Unexpected" (Austin Basis talks about what it's like to finally (kinda) get the girl, his character's relationship with his on-screen BFF, and why you all need to be tuning into the show of which he is so proud)
- "Between being a newly wed and a new role on Life Unexpected, this will be Krista Allen's best year" (An exclusive chat with the first emotionally available woman to catch Baze's eye straight from the actress who portrays her, Krista Allen, right after returning from the set)
- "Shaun Sipos says Lux & Eric have been saying "yes" to each other since Life Unexpected's S2 premiere" (Former bad boy Shaun Sipos justifies the Lux/Eric pairing and promises we will learn more about his well-meaning mentor character)
- "One Tree Hill's Kate Voegele says 'What up Portlaaaand' on tonight's Life Unexpected" (The actor/singer/songwriter Kate Voegele previews her performance on the cross-over episode and talks about working with such an awesome role model as LUX' showrunner, Liz Tigelaar)
- "Jaime Ray Newman says Life Unexpected's mystery woman is "not a homewrecker" (Ryan's mysterious lady friend Julia is about to make her grand entrance into the LUX world, and I get an exclusive interview from her portrayer, Jaime Ray Newman, about who exactly she is)
Whew, that was more than I even realized! But if there is anyone you still want to hear from, feel free to request them in the comments below.