- Jensen Ackles of Supernatural for #tvdramaactor in #PeoplesChoice - if you agree, pls RT (it'll count as another vote)
- I'm still finding it odd that the Campbell recipe took Dean back through his vampire moments rather than wiping his memory clean. #WTFSam
- Anyway, time for #YouCantHandleTheTruth with a waitress opening the show who kind of reminds me of Jen Kirkman.
- Why do so many television shows use elderly extras as the "go-to" to say shocking things in sweet voices? #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- Oh, Bobby, you're no fun. DON'T shoot him? Are you going soft? Do you want to try to sweettalk the real Sam back out? #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- Lesson to future #Supernatural directors: never put Jared on the higher side of the hill. When he & Jensen walk away, he towers even worse.
- Whatever is inside Sam is making him a better observer, which makes him a better hunter. If he can lay off the creepy sneer, I'll prefer him
- No dentist stuff! I have to go to one and shows like this make me too freaked out to actually make an appointment. #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- Eight minutes in. Already glad I skipped the snacks for this episode. #icanhandlethetruthjustnotthatmuchblood
- "Satan's my co-pilot." Classic. #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- Dean doing research should be a major tipoff that something's not right. Real Sam would have known that. But prob still not called him on it
- Oooh I like the possibility on that computer there, Dean. Much better than Busty Asian Beauties. Our lil boy's growing up!
- "How bout my horn?" Wow, Dean let that go by without a joke? He really IS growing up! #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- If Gabriel's horn is in play, does that mean he'll finally return? I'm managing to stay relatively spoiler-free. #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- I just realized where I've seen that condescending Sam sneer before. On one of his biggest fangirls. Now I won't be able to stop seeing it!
- Is the reporter with the glasses on the TV in the bar the same reporter from this week's #Hellcats? That would be awesome CW synergy!
- "Why am I telling you? Maybe because you're my favorite." I knew I missed @jumblejim for a reason! #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- As much as I want to know the truth about Sam, I think this is a bit too convenient way to attempt to get it.
- It's the best time to talk to Lisa, Dean, unless #YOUCantHandleTheTruth
- Lisa's a better person than I am if she's happy Sam is back and "okay". But she's right about the rest of it. #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- Ooh an alien skull. This just got more interesting! #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- If demon tricks never worked on Sam before, why would this spell suddenly work now? THINK, Dean! #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- I really don't know the answer to that, Dean. But I kind of assumed that reporter was important since the TV was in focus in the bar.
- Wait, did #Supernatural just say reporters are like Gods? Much better than the reference Green Arrow gave on #Smallville a few weeks ago.
- Reason #1279 I love #Supernatural: they understand that dogs are able to sense the truth about people. #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- Who wants to guess what that tongue was actually made of? I hope red velvet cake. For the actor's sake. #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- I always fall a little quiet during the last 10 minutes of #Supernatural because I need to really soak in the last few minutes for the week
- Now answer the lady's question, Sam: What are you? #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- Shouldn't you say "Chuck's honest"... ? #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- Dean was told he has no soul, but clearly he does b/c he cares about Lisa & Ben & still his brother. If he was soulless like Sam is now cont
- (cont) he would have just slit his throat. #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- Back to Bobby's panic room for you, boy (Sam)! #YouCantHandleTheTruth
- Dean finally takes his revenge from the season four finale. #NoMoreBloodyDeanFaceEVERPleaseSeraGamble
- Reason #1280 why I love #Supernatural: A #FamilyTies reference this week, an episode titled #FamilyMatters next week. Bringin back 80s TV!
Closing Remarks: I must take a moment to thank season six showrunner Sera Gamble for not dragging out this "What is wrong with Sam?" story line for too long. The cards were all out on the table tonight, even if it took awhile for Dean (Jensen Ackles) to see it. I was angry with him at first for allowing himself to be blindsided, but I realize after a brief reflection that even though he had deep suspicions and fears, he desperately wanted to believe Sam (Jared Padalecki) was Sam because he is trying to get back to his own life and needs that constant that he has always had. For the past few years, it was Dean and Sam, Sam and Dean, in it together against the world (literally at times), even when others thought it was unhealthy. The title of the episode was extremely poignant for him tonight.
And I guess since Lisa (Cindy Sampson)'s truth was that she believed the brothers' relationship to be a bit sick, that will be the last we see of her. At least for awhile. But something in that feels so unfinished. Dean spent a year of his life with her (which to him is a big deal; it's the longest he's really spent consistently with anyone other than his brother), and it's a bummer to see it all fizzle out like that. And a part of me just misses a strong ass-kicking chick like Jo (Alona Tal). I know Dean would never want a civilian to get into the hunting way of life, but she was already kind of kick-started into it in "The Kids Are Alright". The family that fights together, stays together, don't it?
I'm also glad that in an episode about the power of white lies, we got to see a bunch of inconsequential characters be unable to tell their usual little daily lies while we saw Sam manipulate the so-called spell and still cover up the really unpleasant truths. It was a strong statement to make, but again, it was one that we should have seen coming. Demon tricks and spells were never able to work on Sam so many years ago; more than the anti-possession tattoo he has on his chest, the demon blood in his veins made him immune. So watching Dean try to dig the deep, dark secret out of him was that much more heartbreaking because we could see that Sam wasn't exhibiting the one hundred percent honesty he should have been unable to resist while a wave of relief seemed to flood over Dean. A wave which crashed by the end of the episode.
I admit I was not one of the fans who fell into the "Sam has no soul" theory. I acknowledged that explanation being given previously, when Dean returned from hell and seemed immune in a similar situation. I was just hoping for something a little different this time around. But now that we know that such is the case with Sam, I personally want to see the show explore exactly why he and Dean have reacted so differently when supposedly they came back from hell with the same affliction.
Consider this: Dean still has a deep desire to protect Lisa, Ben, and even his brother. He doesn't salivate at the thought of slicing throats, even though he still claims that's what he does best. Sam, on the other hand...uh, does. And now that Padalecki has seemed to master a new facial expression (the creepy, condescending sneer), I think it's time that the show explore the why's and how's of it all.
Also, I had just come up with my own theory, and I will always prefer my own theories. They seem so much more creative and unique!
In other news, though, I could not have been happier to see Jim Beaver back, even for a brief few moments, and I really wish the show would bring all of its boys back together. Bobby has all of his faculties back; I want him to put them all to good use! And really, I just want to see he and Dean team up and throw the kid back in the panic room. I don't exactly know how one rehabs from having no soul, but I'm more than willing to go along for the ride while they attempt it!