Made Possible by Pop Culture isn't heading down to San Diego this week to partake in the epic fandom that is Comic Con, but let's face it, that doesn't mean we don't want to feel like we're a part of it from afar. No, Comic Con has not started streaming their panels (wouldn't that be something!?), but by teaming up with GetGlue.com, they are offering exclusive stickers and other special fan deals, including discounts on official merchandise.
Starting on Wednesday, the first day of the convention, registered users, even ones who aren't physically present for panels or screenings (hey, that's me!), can check into twenty-five television shows and feature films to receive the perks. Already there are some "Coming Soon To Comic Con" stickers that GetGlue.com partners such as FX (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Wilfred, and Archer) are promoting.
Not every panel, obviously, is going to have a check-in component, just like not every primetime show, when in season, currently offers something special for GetGlue.com users. But even if you don't make it into a panel-- or even down to San Diego at all-- you can check in starting Thursday for the following participants. Anything marked with a * needs to be checked into strictly when the panel is on-going. Everything else is an "all weekend, any time" opportunity. There are certainly more than enough stickers worth checking in for and collecting right now, and come the new fall television season, rumor has it there will be even more!
Thursday, July 21st 2011:
- 10am - Burn Notice...or more specifically The Fall of Sam Axe will be offered.
- 11:15am - USA's Covert Affairs panel and sticker feature the lovely Piper Perabo and the adorable Christopher Gorham.
- 12:30pm - USA also offers something for Psych, a proven fan favorite at the con.
- 3pm - Game of Thrones took HBO by storm and will now do the same in Southern California, with a screening, a panel, and a sticker!
- 4pm- Archer* doesn't just get some pre-con love but some AT -con love, as well.
- 5:30pm - Showtime hosts a bevy of screenings, including Dexter, Shameless, and their new drama Homeland. Stickers will be available for those three, as well as Weeds and Californication.
- 6:15pm - It won't just be service dogs allowed in the convention center this year, when Wilfred* takes over.
Friday, July 22nd 2011:
- 10am - Starz brings Miracle day to SDCC-- Torchwood: Miracle Day*, that is.
- 11:15am - Hopefully the zombies of The Walking Dead won't outlive the stickiness of your sticker.
- 2:15pm - Sneak peek screening of midseason delight The River.
- 4pm - Comedy Central's Ugly Americans* brings a quite cute sticker with them.
- 5:30pm - Sink your teeth into True Blood*!
- Marvel Comics will be offering special Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, and Captain America stickers throughout the day.
Saturday, July 23rd 2011:
- 12:15pm - Futurama* is back again and now with a sticker!
- 3:15pm - Once Upon a Time takes you into a fairytale and lets you wear your princess on your sleeve or lapel or wherever you want to stick her.
- 5pm - Charlie's Angels can't be contained by a tiny circle!
- ABC will be handing out Pan Am flight bags all weekend, and you can check into this sticker any time, as well.
Sunday, July 24th 2011:
- 11:45am - Nathan Fillion may be bringing his Castle co-stars to the panel with him, but the sticker is all Fillion, all the time!
- 12:30pm - The doctor is in! Doctor Who leaves you with a prescription for stickers.
- 12:30pm - Marvel is offering a Fear Itself sticker to accompany its spooky panel.
- 2:45pm - The gang from Paddy's Pub won't be handing out beers, but an It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia* sticker is a nice second choice, right?
- 3:30pm - Sons of Anarchy* rears into San Diego and leaves some stickers in its dust!
I know I should just be thankful for what they're giving and not lamenting what is missing, but um, is it too much to ask for the pretty faces of NBC and The CW? Chuck, Awake, Ringer, The Secret Circle, Nikita, The Vampire Diaries, and/or Supernatural? Well, maybe next time...